In March 2022 Daniel Nistico decided to perform a fundraising classical guitar concert for victims of the Ukraine war and asked members of the Creative Classical Guitarist (CCG) group (which he leads) if they wanted to compose and/or contribute their music to this concert.
The response was swift and overwhelming. Fifteen members of the CCG composed a full 1-hour+ concert program in a matter of days.
The youngest member of the CCG, Ilay Kenes from UK, himself a young child, decided to dedicate his composition to the children of Ukraine. This moving dedication inspired everyone to dedicate the entire concert and this book to children.
Daniel Nistico performed the concert online on 30 March 2022.
The published live-recorded music album is here:
This book contains scores of all compositions performed during the concert, in the same order.
All proceeds from the live concert, its recordings and this book are donated to The Care and Relief for the Young (CRY), a charity that gives support and hope to children around the world and specifically Ukrainian children in need.
PROGRAM – List of Content
- Hope by Ilay Kenes
- For Ukraine by Paavo Jumppanen
- The Insanity of War by Debra Covell
- Sunflower by Kevin Toller
- War, Pain & Death: Ukrainian Lament
by Alejandro Mejia Sanchez
- Song for the Ukraine by Colleen Billington
- Prelude for Ukraine by David Hole
- Lágrima del dragón by George Jenner
- Somnium Pace by Tom Chalko
- Transcendence by Jamal Shamas
- Vigil by Gillian Robinson
- One Day You Will be Free by Mark Barrett
- A Wish by Rick Alexander
- Misha's Lament by Trisha Budd
- Prayer by Brittany Lum